Tomorrow at 6pm Pacific, we will be holding our draft for the NCR Stoners’ League, the NFL fantasy football league for the fans of The Russ Belville Show. This will be the second year I am fielding the “Pigskin Potheads”, a team stocked only with players who have had some sort of incident with marijuana or drugs. This team won a four-team test fantasy league last year; this year, eleven real fantasy teams will be competing with the Pigskin Potheads.
Here is our Pigskin Potheads roster – managers from the other eleven teams are not allowed to draft any of these players. Click the links to learn about their marijuana or drugs past:
- Michael Vick (QB – PHI) – Got caught smuggling a false-bottom water bottle through an airport that contained weed residue.
- Chris Simms (QB – TEN) – Found not guilty of a cannabis DUID where cops claimed they detected the “strong smell of weed” on him.
- JaMarcus Russell (QB – OAK) – A grand jury refused to indict Russell on charges of possession of codeine cough syrup without a prescription.
- Marshawn Lynch (RB – SEA) – Not charged for possession of four blunts found in his car by police during a stop that netted an illegal gun.
- Mikel Leshoure (RB – DET) – Twice nabbed for possession of marijuana in Michigan, once tried to eat his stash to hide it from the cops.
- Kenny Britt (WR – TEN) – Caught smoking a blunt in his car while waiting in the car wash line.
- Percy Harvin (WR – MIN) – Marijuana issues while at the University of Florida, failed combine drug test for marijuana.
- Santonio Holmes (WR – NYJ) – Pot case dismissed after traffic stop which found three blunts in his car was determined to lack probable cause.
- Brandon Tate (WR – CIN) – Tested positive for marijuana at the NFL Scouting Combine.
- Jerome Simpson (WR – MIN) – Received 2.5 lb package of marijuana from Northern California.
- Aaron Hernandez (TE – NE) – Tested positive for marijuana at the NFL Scouting Combine.
- Anthony McCoy (TE – SEA) - Tested positive for marijuana at the NFL Scouting Combine.
- Sebastian Janikowski (K – OAK) – Found incoherent by the police after possible overdose on date-rape drug GHB.
- Lawrence Tynes (K – NYG) – Brother serving 27 years of federal time for marijuana trafficking.
- Detroit Lions (DEF) – see Nick Fairley.
- New England Patriots (DEF) – see Shaun Ellis.
- Tom Zbikowski (DB – IND) – Exonerated of a failed drug test for marijuana during his boxing career.
- Janoris Jenkins (DB – STL) – Two arrests for marijuana while at the University of Florida.
- Donald Washington (DB – KC) – Busted for DUID and marijuana possession after speeding stop on the freeway.
- Leroy Hill (LB – SEA) – Found asleep at the wheel of his car at 4am in possession of two bags of marijuana.
- Jonathan Babineaux (DL – ATL) – Busted with three bags of weed during a traffic stop for a busted taillight.
- Nick Fairley (DL – DET) – Arrested for marijuana possession after being stopped for speeding.
- Shaun Ellis (DL – NE) – Caught with marijuana after speeding in car with no insurance and no registration.
UPDATE: Thanks to tweets and comments informing me of some other players I missed in my first pass:
- Christian Ballard (DL – MIN) – Failed a drug test for marijuana at the NFL Scouting Combine
- Jayron Hosley (DB – NYG) - Failed a drug test for marijuana at the NFL Scouting Combine
- Mike Adams (DB – DEN) - Failed a drug test for marijuana at the NFL Scouting Combine
- Vontaze Burfict (LB – CIN) - Failed a drug test for marijuana at the NFL Scouting Combine