This is my master collection of studies and database sites I use to report on marijuana reform. It is updated as often as I find new links. Enjoy!
Marijuana vs. Opioids
- Doctors prescribe 1,826 fewer doses of opioids on average in medical marijuana states.
- Pain patients on cannabis use 64% less opiates, report better quality of life and fewer side effects.
- States with medical marijuana dispensaries have fewer opioid addictions and opioid overdose deaths.
- States with medical cannabis laws had a 24.8% lower mean annual opioid overdose mortality rate.
- Medical marijuana state have lower rates of opioid positivity in 21-40-year-old driving fatalities.